Seed is the critical input for agriculture. High reputation of the firm is through quality seed only.
The company is growing swiftly maintaining the International standards of its products (varieties and hybrids). Professionally managed with reputed Technocrats and qualified staff working in all divisions.
Located in the agriculturally prosperous city Guntur in the Eastern region of Andhra Pradesh state.
NRI Agritech has established a model processing plant for processing to quality seed, well secured storage structures for processing and storage of quality seed in all seasons, Poly house, net house for hybrid seed production, seedling production, and cultivation of high value crops under protective agriculture. We also impart training to young entrepreneuring farmers on these aspects and encourage rural employment.
Important Visitors to NRI Agritech
- Sri. Abdul Kalam former President of India graced the Agricultural Exhibition organized at Kaza farm, NRI Agritech on 26th January 2009.
- Dr. A.Appa Rao, former Vice Chancellor, ANGRAU, visited the R&D farm Nidumukkala on 2010.
- Sri. Kaki Madhava Rao, IAS, Ex Chief Secretary, AP. Visited R&D farm Nidumukkala on 2009.
- Sri. Krishna Babu, IAS, Present Post Trust, Visakhapatnam visited Bush Dolichos variety ‘Ganesh’ developed by NRI Agritech on 15th January 2015.
- Dr. K.Krishna Kumar DDG Hort (ICAR) visited R&D farm on 20th December 2014.
- Dr. T.Janaki Ram, ADG, Hort (ICAR) visited R&D farm on 9th January 2015.
- Dr. Sikhamani, Vice-Chancellor, Dr. YSR Hort.Univ. visited R&D farm on 2010.
- Dr. BMC Reddy Vice-Chancellor, Dr. YSR Hort.Univ. visited R& D farm on 13th Feberuary 2015, 18thand 20th December 2014.
- Dr. Gowtham Kallod, Former DDG (Hort), ICAR and Vice-Chancellor, JNKVV, Jabalpur, visited R&D farm on 12th January 2014.
- Dr. S K Rao, Dean Faculty, JNKVV, Jabalpur visited R&D farms at Gudavalli and Nidumukkala during 5th and 6th December 2014.
- Dr. Raj Gupta, Director BISA (CYMMYT) Regional Centre, Jabalpur visited R&D farms at Gudavalli and Nidumukkala during 5th and 6th December 2014.
- Dr. C. Sameer Kumar, Senior Scientist(Pigeon pea Breeding), ICRISAT on 2nd January 2015.
- Sri. P. Pulla Rao, Minister for Agriculture visited Blackgram variety ‘SRI’ field at Kolakaluru on 17th November 2014.
- Dr. Kodela Siva Prasada Rao, Speaker, Andhra Pradesh Assembly visited Rice variety ‘Delta’ field at Paragatichela on 21st January 2015.
List of Publications of NRI Agritech since inception i.e., 2008
- Satyanarayana,A. 2014. Developing Dolichos beans for round the year cultivation. Paper presented at the National Seminar on ‘Developing of vegetable varieties for round the year cultivation’ at Guntur, A.P., on 11-01-2014.P: 1-4.
- Satyanarayana,A.,Ramakrishna,A.,Gopi,P.,Prasada Rao,M.P.,Ramaiah,K.S.V. and Madhava Rao,D. 2014. Studies on the inheritance of plant habit and photo-insensitivity in garden bean Dolichos lablab var. typicus (syn.Lablab purpurians var. typicus). Paper presented at the National Seminar on ‘Developing og vegetable varieties for round the year cultivation’ at Guntur, A.P., on 11-01-2014.P: 14-16.
- Satyanarayana,A. 2013. Reverse Breeding-a new concept to develop varieties from hybrids. Lead paper presented at the ‘National symposium on abiotic and biotic stress management in vegetable crops’ at Varanasi on 12-14th April, 2013.
- Satyanarayana,A. 2013 Chickpea in Andhra Pradesh. -mile stones in the adaptation process of short duration varieties leading to silent revolution. Institute seminar delivered at ICRISAT, Hyderabad on 11-01-2013.
- Satyanarayana,A. 2012. New plant types in major crop plants for breaking yield barriers. Presented at the one day seminar on ‘Future farming’, on 11-01-2012 at Guntur, A.P. P: 4.
- Satyanarayana,A. 2014. ‘Shakthi’ pesara rakam pantaku poorva vaibhavam theesuku raagalda !’. Rythu Nestham .10(2):25-26. [Telugu].
- Satyanarayana,A. 2014.’Bangaru Telangana, Navyandhra Pradesh lalo Vyavasaayaabhivridhhiki aacharimchalsina vyuhaalu’. Rythu Nestam. 9(12):27-28. [Telugu].
- Satyanarayana,A. 2009. Scope for increasing the genetic potential in leguminous vegetables. Lead paper presented at ‘Brain storming meeting on leguminous vegetables’ held at IIHR, Bangalore 2011.
- Satyanarayana,A. 2013.”Conventional Plant Breeding”. Adjunct lecture delivered at S.V.Agricultural College, Tirupati, ANGRAU on 23-02-2013.
- Satyanarayana,A. 2013. Chilli cultivation with special reference to exports. Guest lecure delivered at ITC, Guntur.
Participation in Workshops, Seminars and Symposia by Dr.A.Satyanarayana Executive Director
- Group meeting of AICRP on summer pulses held RARS, Lam, Guntur during January 2012 and chaired a session on “Rice fallow pulses”.
- Group meeting of AICRP on pulses on Pigeon pea held at Hyderabad during 2011 and chaired a session on ‘presentation of reports by different centres’.
- Group meeting of AICRP on vegetable crops held at Bangalore during 16-19, Jan.2010.
- Group meeting of AICRP on Tropical fruits held at Dr.YSR Horticulture University, VR Gudem on 18-02-2013 and chaired a session on Plant Genetic Resources.
- Group meeting of AICRP on Rice held at Hyderabad during 2012.
- International Symposium on ‘Little known Vegetable crops’ held at ICRISAT during.
- Participated in TL2 review meeting on ‘Comprehensive Chickpea adaptation and impact study in Andhra Pradesh’ at ICRIST on 15-11-2012.
- Chaired expert panel meeting on ‘Chilli IPM’ organized by the Spices Board on 26-07-2009 at Guntur.
- Participated in TRIVSA project workshop on ‘Tracking adoption of improved chickpea cultivars and pigeon pea cultivars in India’ during 10-11,April,2012.
- Chaired a session on ‘Doubled haploids: scope & future in horticultural crops’ at IIHR, Bangalore on 04-10-2013.
- Participated in Advisory Board meeting of BPD, JNKVV, Jabalpur on 03-02-2013.
- Participated in young farmers meeting and delivered a lecture on ‘Role of youth in Indian Agriculture’ on 09-12-2013 at Guntur.
- Participated in ‘Akhila Bharat Kisan Sabha’ meeting and delivered a lecure on ‘Sustainable Agriculture-The need of the hour’ on 18-12-2013.
Seminars and Symposia organized
- Organized a National Seminar on developing Vegetable varieties for round the year cultivation on 11 th January 2014.
- Launched “Grow your own Vegetables for health and happiness” on 23-02-2011
- organized, in collaboration with the department of agriculture, an exposure visit to the field of NRI P 003 to all officers of department of agriculture of Guntur district along with 500 farmers at R & D form Godavalli on 27-11-2010